Wednesday, January 13, 2010

27 Weeks

*How far along?: 27 weeks 4 days

*Weight gain: Who knows...I don't get on the scale at home. I figure there's no need to worry. This is a time in my life when I'm free to gain weight and not care (and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the baby weight comes off as easy as it did when Brogan was born.) Breastfeeding = best diet ever :)

*Maternity clothes: Definitely...and they all have dried yogurt, snot, and pieces of chewed up/spit out goldfish stuck to them. I'm looking so fine here lately haha

*Sleep: Baby Girl likes to kick my "bladder/cervix/I really have no clue what" as soon as I lay down at night. It is so uncomfortable and it makes me feel like she's trying to kick her way "out" if you get what I'm saying...so sleep hasn't been too great lately.

*Stretch marks: still none, whew!

*Best moment of this week: Each night I hold Brogan and sing him a few songs before I lay him in his crib. Usually he lays his head on my shoulder and sucks his thumb while I'm singing. Last night, he did this- but mid-song he popped his thumb out and looked at my face and gave me the biggest kiss ever. My heart was a puddle on the floor.

*Movement: getting stronger and stronger

*Food cravings: I wanted (and got) a strawberry ice cream cone after playing with Brogan's play food. Other than that, nothing. Kinda sad about it too.

*What I miss most: not grunting and holding my breath every time I put on shoes and socks

*What I'm **NOT** looking forward to: my next OB appt. in 8 days- yucky 1hr. glucose test- blah!

*Words of wisdom: "Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone

*Milestones: This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle. (from babycenter.com)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Brogan's sweet kisses. I'm gonna have to come over soon just to get one!