Monday, November 16, 2009

19 weeks

The biggest difference between this pregnancy and my first- I don't have any time to THINK about this one. I cannot believe that I am almost halfway to meeting the newest member of our family! With Brogan, each week creeped by and I just longed to get to another week "milestone" so I could be more pregnant. With this baby, I'm wishing time would slow down and that I could actually enjoy being pregnant. I thought I'd give the little one in my tummy some much-deserved attention and talk about him/her.

*How far along?: 19 weeks 2 days

*Total weight gain: as of my appt. 2 weeks ago, I was up 2lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight. I lost 3lbs. in the first trimester from horrible food aversions. So, I guess I've actually gained 5lbs.

*Sleep: horrible! Of course Brogan is sleeping through the night, but this baby is sitting so low already that my bladder can't go more than 1-2 hours without waking me up. And I so miss sleeping on my stomach.

*Best moment of this week: I was sitting down and Brogan came up to me and pointed to my tummy. He didn't say anything, but I like to think he's noticing something different. I keep telling him "baby" and pointing to my stomach.

*Movement: all the time! I started feeling little flutters around 17 weeks. It lasted about 2 days and then it went into full-fledged bumps and kicks. It's unreal. Tadd can already see and feel the baby move. I don't know if it means my stomach muscles are just lousy from having Brogan and I feel more movement OR that this pregnancy is further along than we all think. Hmmmm...

*Gender: we find out in ONE week! I'm still 90% sure it's a BOY!! :)

*Food cravings: Last week it was cooked squash (thank you Momma!) Nothing too specific this week...seems like I only want "real" food and not snacks. No hot wing craving this time :)

*Belly Button in or out: Out! ALREADY! It didn't pop out with Brogan until the 3rd trimester. It popped out this time in the 1st trimester. What the heck?

*Maternity clothes: I'm horribly in-between these and regular clothes. I got some cute new maternity tops for my birthday and I'm so ready to wear them!

*What I miss most: Enjoying being pregnant...and sleeping on my stomach

*What I'm looking forward to: Finding the perfect name. Nothing is sounding just right. Boy or girl.

*Milestones: Feeling the baby move- I just LOVE when I lay down at night and the baby goes wild!! He/She must think that nighttime equals party time! :)

Well that was a lot of fun! I will have to try to do this more often so Baby Grandstaff #2 gets some more attention! :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What fun! I'm so excited for you guys. And I'm going with the 10%-- I think it's a girl :o)

Joylynn B said...

Becki-from my experience of already being through two pregnancies, everything you are feeling about this one is very normal--how fast it seems to go by and how everything seems to be ahead of schedule (ie feeling the baby move). I am so excited for you two...and I'm hoping its a girl also-so you can dress her up ;) hehe that's my favorite part about having two girls!

Unknown said...

I had the worst time finding a comfortable way to sleep when I was pregnant.

Thanks for stopping by JDaniel4's Mom.