Friday, June 5, 2009

My baby is 11 months...

When the hay diddle diddle did that happen? I know I say that every month, but goodness! Last year at this time, I was cleaning out my classroom and having early contractions (caused by a UTI). A year later, my BroBro is a toddler! We are busy getting everything ready for his big birthday bash and trying to capture all of his firsts on camera and video. It seems like he does something new everyday.

Brogan...
-can say "dada", "dah" (dog), "babababa" (baby or byebye), and I've heard "mama" twice!
-waves byebye
-can sign "more" and "all done" when he's eating
-has taken a few steps without falling
-claps for himself when we say "Yay!!!!!"
-loves to laugh at our dog
-likes to play in the refrigerator and pantry
-tries to play in the dishwasher and dryer
-plays peekaboo with his lovey
-still nurses 5-6 times a day
-is almost DONE with baby food...give this child some MEAT (just like his daddy!)
-pops his thumb in his mouth the second he grabs his lovey...every single time
-will shake whatever is in his hand if we sing "shake your booty!"
-will bounce if we say "jump jump jump!"
-still suffers from bad eczema- especially on his hands and feet :(
-takes 2-3 naps each day
-weighs about 19lbs.

I really can't imagine our lives without our BroBro. The smile he greets us with each morning just makes getting up in the mornings so worth it. I've already started getting really emotional lately, looking at his newborn pictures, putting away clothes that no longer fit, and toys that he isn't interested in anymore. I can't imagine how I'm going to feel on his actual birthday. It will be very bittersweet I'm sure. Here's to hoping the next 23 days go by slowly.




2 comments:

The Vernon's said...

He is SO adorable! You're gonna have one very handsome son on your hands!

Jennifer said...

I love the watermelon picture :o) He's determined to pick it up!

You're such a sweet Mommy! He's very blessed!!