Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dear Brogan,

It's so hard to believe that you are now a 2 year old. It really does seem like just a few months ago, I got to hold you for the first time. I fell madly in love with you the very second I saw you. From the day you were born, you have kept me on my toes 24/7. You weren't the easiest baby and definitely high-maintenance but oh you're such a momma's boy...and I love it. Now, you are gaining independence, wanting to do things for yourself. It's a little difficult for me to let go- I catch myself doing things for you that I know you are capable of doing- just because I want to keep thinking you're my little baby. You are so incredible. I love to just sit and watch you play. Your mind goes a million miles a minute and you move from one activity to the next. You are a jumping bean and a dare-devil. You are an artist and a master at puzzles. You enjoy making me vacuum and read the same books over and over. I love all these things about you- even though most days I go to bed exhausted :)

Here are a few other things that I love about you:
-the way you say "noooo" (cute now, maybe not later haha)
-how you suck your teeth when you're concentrating on puzzles
-when you accomplish anything, you say, "There, I did it!" in your cute little way
-every time I change your diaper, you yell "wee-wee!" :)
-you stick your tongue out when you "jaw jaw" (draw)
-the way you say my name to get my attention when you're about to do something you know is a no-no...and then smile at me
-you call Maisy, "my beh-beh" (baby) and want to kiss her goodnight before bed
-you are an awesome sleeper (knock on wood!!)
-when anyone around you laughs, you join in with a (very) fake laugh
-you'd rather eat broccoli than macaroni and cheese (unlike mommy and daddy!)
-how you'll sit and line things up- cars, markers, crayons, etc.
-the way you say "choooo choooo" when you play with your trains
-you like to sing and dance to Barney and Elmo

One year old Brogan

Two year old Brogan

No comments: